D-Day

The day is finally here. I say finally like it snuck up on me, but it hasn't. I have a knack for counting down the days until Christmas, birthdays, and trips to Walt Disney World. However, this countdown was not the same. In the earlier countdown examples there is this sense of a reward coming, a prize sort of speak. With this there is a sense of unknown that began as a creep but as it is only a few hours away now getting louder and louder.

Yesterday was supposed to be a celebration of mothers and to the rest of the world it was, but for me and my family it was a day to get through without crying too much, panicking, it was a day that we tried to be as normal as possible because we knew today would be different. By the way with a loving church family and Facebook messages from many sending prayers and the such it was hard to have a normal Sunday BUT, all of your encouragement and prayers and support has made the task ahead a bearable one. Now, I sign off and begin to get Wyatt ready for his journey. Man I wish we we headed to Disney World instead...


Comments

  1. Pete, we'll be lifting you all up in prayer today and throughout Wyatt's Journey! We serve a God who is good both in sunshine and in rain. May He provide more than enough strength and comfort during this time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Why?

Lonely