Lonely

I must admit that I believe that my wife should be the one writing this because she is the one who is with Wyatt in the hospital 24/7 and sleeping on a pull-out couch without contact from home as much. We (Nick, Corri, and myself) went to visit on Friday and stayed until Saturday until we headed back home around three in the afternoon. I also must admit that the separation is more bearable with FaceTime. We can see each other and discuss the events of the day and how much Wyatt is improving. The hope is that he will improve enough that he'll be able to come home and continue his therapy outpatient. 
But, for now it is lonely. I have Nick and Corri to keep me company and help with the everyday goings on but there is something missing. Today in church as the choir was singing I was half-expecting to hear a little voice call out "...mom... Cor...Dee-Das" and then see him help Pastor Mike conduct. He wasn't there. I fielded questions about "how is Wyatt doing?" or "how is your boy?" which were all made in a loving, caring, way but made me miss him that much more. One of my favorite songs of all time has to be Frank Sinatra's In the Wee Small Hours of the Morning, I have a new understanding of the song now as I fall asleep in my bed and wake to hear my wife breathing which isn't there or a child's cry from across the hall which isn't there. It is lonely, I wake to make my wife a cup of coffee and realize it is for me because she isn't there. I take my meds and then begin to get Wyatt's ready, but he isn't here.
I go back to work tomorrow and maybe I will be able to clear my head of all the things that have stressed me throughout the past week since the surgery. I doubt it though. Everytime I hear a phone ring I will hope it is Jule with the news that I need to get my butt there because WE are coming home! I don't mean to bring you down or feel sorry for me with this post, there is hope.
Wyatt has improved each day. He actually used his utensils to eat some for lunch and is actually chewing his food instead of trying to swallow it whole. He is speaking more clearly. He doesn't seem to have lost any previous knowledge. All of these are good things we just need him to get his stamina up. Until next time I thank you from the bottom of my heart for all of your encouragement, love and prayers.
...these guys want to get home also...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why?

Update